Study found they were more than twice as likely to end up in ER, five times more likely to be hospitalized.
Read the Story
- Study Sees No Evidence Linking Diabetes Drugs With Pancreatic Cancer
But FDA assessment calls for further look at injectable type-2 treatments
- Diabetes Boosts Stroke Risk for Women, But Not Men: Study
Research finds big gender gap, which one doctor believes is tied to better treatment for men
- Obesity's Link to Type 2 Diabetes Not So Clear-Cut: Study
Most participants developed condition after being overweight for years, not after large recent gain
- Preemie Birth Linked to Higher Insulin Levels in Kids
These babies could be at increased risk of diabetes later in life, study suggests
- Scientists Spot 7 New Regions of DNA Tied to Type 2 Diabetes
Researchers suggest their findings could lead to the development of new treatments for the disease
- Is Technology Creating a World of Sickly Couch Potatoes?
Study found people in emerging nations with TVs, computers and cars more likely to be obese, have diabetes
- Could Low-Fat Yogurt Help Ward Off Diabetes?
British study also found reduced risk with other fermented dairy products
- Experimental 'Implanted Insulin' Device Seeks to Control Blood Sugar Levels
The hope: to eliminate daily injections for those with diabetes, but much testing remains to be done
- Adults With Diabetes Need a Flu Shot: Experts
Large Canadian study finds people with diabetes are more likely to get sick from flu, be hospitalized
- Type 2 Diabetes Is Often a Family Affair
Study suggests if one spouse has the illness, the odds are raised that the other will develop diabetes, too
Browse Health News by Category: