However, girls tend to do better with upward mobility, researchers say.
Read the Story
- Kids Lacking At-Home Enrichment Gain Most From Head Start: Study
Researcher says the preschool program is 'vital' for certain children
- Kids Who Repeat a Grade Can Become Discipline Problems, Study Says
Schools that had more repeaters had more suspensions, other signs of trouble in student body
- TV in Child's Bedroom Tied to Weight Gain
But 'active' video games might help youngsters stay slim, researchers stay
- Food Allergies Have Nearly Doubled Among Black Children
Unclear if it's due to better detection or environmental triggers, researchers say
- Vaccines Prevent Millions of Infections, Save Billions in Costs: CDC
But messages about immunization benefits often don't achieve intended goal, researchers discover
- Casinos Linked to Lower Obesity Rates for Native American Kids
Gaming operations associated with higher family incomes, which means better food, more exercise, study says
- Schools Add More Fruits, Veggies to the '3 Rs'
And food waste hasn't increased because of the new guidelines, study finds
- Health Tip: What to Exclude from Baby's Crib
Sleep positioner isn't necessary
- Health Tip: Encourage Independence Among Preschoolers
Create a supportive environment
- Could Childhood Nightmares Foreshadow Mental Ills as Teen?
Persistent nightmares, frequent night terrors linked to greater risk for psychotic episodes, study suggests
Browse Health News by Category: