Sept. 11, Afghanistan and Iraq wars, along with increased military outreach, linked to the rise.
Read the Story
- Recession Linked to More Than 10,000 Suicides in North America, Europe
But countries can take steps to reduce self-harm cases during economic downturns, researchers say
- Weight Gain From Antidepressants Is Minimal, Study Suggests
There's not much difference in the amount gained between the various drugs, researchers say
- Heart Attack in Middle Age May Be Tougher on Women
Reasons aren't clear, but study found male survivors were healthier to start with
- Sudden Death of Loved One Can Trigger Mental Health Issues
Risk of PTSD was greatest threat after a traumatic loss, researchers report
- Mental Illness Linked to Shortened Life Spans
Poor mental health can affect longevity as much or more than heavy smoking, study finds
- Foreclosures Tied to Higher Suicide Risk in Study
Research shows a spike in such deaths during the housing crisis of the 'Great Recession'
- When Teachers Are Depressed, Preschoolers May 'Act Out' More
Study points to a link, highlighting the importance of educators' mental health
- Jury Still Out on Whether Doctors Should Screen for Suicide Risk
However, physicians should look for depression in their patients, governmental task force notes
- Another Downside to Obesity for Teens: Fewer Friends
Study found rejection by normal-weight peers was common
- Prescription Drug Use Continues to Climb in U.S.
CDC report says most common medications are for heart disease and high cholesterol
Browse Health News by Category: