Health A-Z

Medical Content Created by the Faculty of the Harvard Medical School


When to Call A Doctor

See your health care professional if you have chronic diarrhea, chronic fatigue, or weight loss that is unintentional or progressive. The most serious children's symptoms such as failing growth likely will be discovered during routine checkups. You should call your pediatrician if your child develops unexplained weight loss, abdominal pain, prolonged diarrhea, repeated episodes of abdominal bloating, or frequent pain after eating.

Page 7 of 9     Next Page:  Celiac Disease (Non-Tropical Sprue) Prognosis
Click here to to redeem your SparkPoints
  You will earn 5 SparkPoints
From Health A-Z, Harvard Health Publications. Copyright 2007 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College. All rights reserved. Written permission is required to reproduce, in any manner, in whole or in part, the material contained herein. To make a reprint request, contact Harvard Health Publications. Used with permission of StayWell.

You can find more great health information on the Harvard Health Publications website.