Health A-Z

Medical Content Created by the Faculty of the Harvard Medical School


When to Call A Doctor

You may want to talk with your doctor if you and your partner are unable to conceive a child after trying regularly for one year. Older couples or people who have a strong reason to suspect infertility may want to contact their doctors after trying for less time (for example, six months).

Also contact your doctor if you notice a change in sexual function, such as diminished erections or an inability to produce semen.

Page 7 of 9     Next Page:  Male Infertility Prognosis
Click here to to redeem your SparkPoints
  You will earn 5 SparkPoints
From Health A-Z, Harvard Health Publications. Copyright 2007 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College. All rights reserved. Written permission is required to reproduce, in any manner, in whole or in part, the material contained herein. To make a reprint request, contact Harvard Health Publications. Used with permission of StayWell.

You can find more great health information on the Harvard Health Publications website.