Health A-Z

Medical Content Created by the Faculty of the Harvard Medical School


When to Call A Doctor

The seriousness of keratitis varies widely, but you should call your doctor promptly if symptoms develop, especially if you have pain or your vision is impaired. Depending on how severe your symptoms are, your doctor may send you directly to an eye specialist who has special equipment for evaluating eye conditions.

Page 7 of 9     Next Page:  Keratitis Prognosis
Click here to to redeem your SparkPoints
  You will earn 5 SparkPoints
From Health A-Z, Harvard Health Publications. Copyright 2007 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College. All rights reserved. Written permission is required to reproduce, in any manner, in whole or in part, the material contained herein. To make a reprint request, contact Harvard Health Publications. Used with permission of StayWell.

You can find more great health information on the Harvard Health Publications website.