Health A-Z

Medical Content Created by the Faculty of the Harvard Medical School


When to Call A Doctor

Call your doctor if you or a family member has painful muscle spasms, particularly in the face, hands, arms or feet; or a pins-and-needles feeling in face, hands or feet. Also call a doctor if a child has the following symptoms:

  • Excessive hair loss

  • Overly dry skin

  • Patches of itchy, red or scaly skin

  • Tooth abnormalities

  • Delayed developmental milestones

Page 7 of 9     Next Page:  Hypoparathyroidism Prognosis
Click here to to redeem your SparkPoints
  You will earn 5 SparkPoints
From Health A-Z, Harvard Health Publications. Copyright 2007 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College. All rights reserved. Written permission is required to reproduce, in any manner, in whole or in part, the material contained herein. To make a reprint request, contact Harvard Health Publications. Used with permission of StayWell.

You can find more great health information on the Harvard Health Publications website.