Health A-Z

Medical Content Created by the Faculty of the Harvard Medical School


When to Call A Doctor

You should call your doctor if you have any of the following symptoms:

  • Unusually heavy or prolonged bleeding during your period (menstruation)

  • Bleeding from your vagina after intercourse

  • Bleeding from your vagina or blood spots on your underwear between menstrual periods

  • Unusually frequent urination

  • Pelvic or low back pain during intercourse or during menstrual periods

Call your doctor immediately if you experience severe pelvic pain, or if you develop severe bleeding from your vagina.

Page 7 of 9     Next Page:  Fibroids Prognosis
Click here to to redeem your SparkPoints
  You will earn 5 SparkPoints
From Health A-Z, Harvard Health Publications. Copyright 2007 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College. All rights reserved. Written permission is required to reproduce, in any manner, in whole or in part, the material contained herein. To make a reprint request, contact Harvard Health Publications. Used with permission of StayWell.

You can find more great health information on the Harvard Health Publications website.