15 Recipes That Use Greek YogurtProtein-Packed Dishes for All Occasions
-- By Stepfanie Romine, Staff Writer
Greek yogurt is a staple for most healthy eaters--and for good reason. Even the fat-free varieties are thick and tangy with a luxurious texture. The yogurt also has twice the protein as regular yogurt. Beyond eating it plain or with granola and berries, Greek yogurt is a versatile ingredient in recipes sweet and savory. From appetizers and salads to entrees and on through to dessert, you could build an entire meal around this creamy, rich ingredient.
Here are 15 of our most popular recipes that feature Greek yogurt.
Pin this graphic for easy reference!
1. Chicken-Veggie Quesadillas with Ranch Yogurt Sauce: Creamy ranch yogurt sauce tempers the heat in these cheesy chicken quesadillas.
2. Creamy Parmesan Mashed Potatoes with Greek Yogurt: These mashed potatoes pair Greek yogurt with light cream cheese and chicken broth for a flavorful side without a bit of butter.
3. Feta, Chives and Yogurt Dip: This dip has just three ingredients, but it's packed with flavor. It's so thick and lavish that it's more of a spread than a dip.
4. Greek Yogurt Chicken: Yogurt might seem like an unlikely ingredient for a marinade, but it's actually quite a brilliant one. The acid in the yogurt helps tenderize the chicken, and the thick texture helps all the good stuff adhere to the chicken while locking in moisture.
5. Homemade Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing: This five-ingredient dressing can be customized to suit your tastes. Though we use cilantro, you can swap in any herb that's in season. Try basil in summer, parsley in spring, and rosemary or thyme in cooler months.
6. Layered Greek Dip: Consider this dip to be a Greek appetizer platter in scoopable form. Thick, creamy yogurt mixed with cucumbers and lemon juice is one of many delectable layers in this impressive yet easy dish.
7. Layered Mexican Dip with Baked Lime Chips: The traditional Tex-Mex favorite gets lightened up, thanks in part to a generous layer of Greek yogurt spiced up with lime zest and taco seasoning.
8. Middle Eastern Spinach Lentils with Yogurt: A hearty bowl of spiced lentils with spinach becomes something special thanks to the herbed yogurt on top.
9. Oatmeal-Greek Yogurt Pancakes: Gluten-free and full of protein, these pancakes are guilt-free and easy enough for weekday mornings. The yogurt helps thicken and tenderize the batter.
10. Ranch (Greek Yogurt) Salad Dressing: Ranch dressing is a guilty pleasure that's despicably delicious on just about everything, but thanks to this recipe it's slightly more virtuous. Dribble it on salads, dip veggies into it, or dunk your pizza crusts--this dressing is light enough that pizza with ranch dressing is no longer a dirty little secret!
11. Spinach Stuffed Salmon with Dill Yogurt Sauce: Protein plus vegetable is a standard yet tedious basis for healthy recipes. Top salmon and spinach with this lemony dill yogurt sauce to quickly elevate the dish.
12. Strawberry-Kiwi Yogurt Freezer Pops: Pureed strawberries and OJ combine with Greek yogurt for a quick treat any time of year. Add kiwi slices to fancy it up a bit.
13. Tzatziki (Yogurt Dip): Tzatziki is a traditional Greek and Turkish appetizer also used as a sauce or dip. This recipe is perfect with Mediterranean dishes or plain grilled meats on a hot summer's day.
14. Waldorf Salad: Using low-fat yogurt makes this classic salad healthier than other recipes. It's simple enough that kids can help prepare it!
15. Yogurt Cheesecake with Strawberries: Use Greek yogurt in place of higher-fat cheeses for a decadent yet guilt-free cheesecake!
What's your favorite way to use Greek yogurt?