VIDEO: 9-Minute Seated Upper Body WorkoutStrengthen and Tone Your Arms from a Chair
-- By Nicole Nichols, Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor
(Scroll down to push 'play' on the video player.)
For more information about this video, please scroll down to read the text below the video player.
About This Workout
In this workout, Coach Nicole will lead you through a series of seated exercises that will help you tone your entire upper body and improve your flexibility.
- Length: 9 minutes
- Equipment: Dumbbells
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Arms (biceps, triceps, forearms), shoulders, upper back
- Fitness Level: Beginner to intermediate
- Impact: No-impact
- Safety Precautions: Avoid exercising in an unstable chair or a chair with wheels.
- NEW! Track Your Workout: Scroll down to the bottom of this article and click the "Add to Fitness Tracker" button. (You must be logged in for this to work.)
- Extra Tip: In addition to targeting your arms, be sure to engage your abs and core throughout every move.
- You can pause or rewind the video at any time if you need a break or need to watch for closer instructions. We suggest watching the video one time through before attempting the workout.
- This workout will take you through one set (6-12 repetitions) of each exercise. If you want to do more sets, simply replay the video until you finish 2-3 sets. You can also break up these sets into multiple, short workouts throughout your day, provided that you warm-up each time.
- This video does not include music, but you can play a stereo or CD in the background as you workout. Just make sure you can still hear the instructions.
- To play the video, simply click on the Play button (bottom left corner) to start. Below the video screen, you'll find buttons for Pause, Stop, and volume control.