VIDEO: 5-Minute Lower Body Resistance Band WorkoutA Band Adds Challenge to Squats and Lunges
-- By Nicole Nichols, Fitness Instructor
(Scroll down to push 'play' on the video player.)
For more information about this video, please scroll down to read the text below the video player.
About This Workout
In this workout, Coach Nicole will lead you through a series of 3 exercises (plus stretches) that will work your entire lower body. Perfect for travelers or home exercisers, the exercises in this workout require very little space and can be done virtually anywhere!
- Length: 5 minutes
- Equipment: Resistance band
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Lower body (quads, glutes, hamstrings, outer thighs)
- Fitness Level: Beginner to advanced
- Impact: Low-impact
- Safety Precautions: Warm up before starting this workout and wear athletic shoes.
- NEW! Track Your Workout: Scroll down to the bottom of this article and click the "Add to Fitness Tracker" button. (You must be logged in for this to work.)
- Extra Tip: You only need one resistance band, no matter what your fitness level may be. Keep your hands down for light resistance, at the hips for moderate resistance, and up at the shoulders for heavy resistance.
- You can pause or rewind the video at any time if you need a break or need to watch for closer instructions. We suggest watching the video one time through before attempting the workout.
- This workout will take you through one set (8-15 repetitions) of each exercise. If you want to do more sets, simply replay the video until you finish 2-3 sets. You can also break up these sets into multiple, short workouts throughout your day, provided that you warm-up each time.
- This video does not include music, but you can play a stereo or CD in the background as you workout. Just make sure you can still hear the instructions.
- To play the video, simply click on the Play button (bottom left corner) to start. Below the video screen, you'll find buttons for Pause, Stop, and volume control.