VIDEO: 10-Minute Pilates Hips & Thighs WorkoutTone Up Your Trouble Zones
-- By Nicole Nichols, Fitness Instructor
(Scroll down to push 'play' on the video player.)
For more information about this video, please scroll down to read the text below the video player.
About This Workout
This workout will help you strengthen (and stretch) your hips, glutes and thighs—without any equipment. Coach Nicole will take you through one short set of 6 Pilates exercises (plus stretches). If you're new to Pilates, we recommend that you watch our short Intro to Pilates video first.
- Length: 10 minutes
- Equipment: Body weight, mat (optional, for cushioning)
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Lower body (hips, outer thighs, inner thighs, glutes)
- Fitness Level: Beginning to advanced; since this workout has few transitions, it may also be suitable for individuals with limited mobility.
- Impact: No (low) impact
- Safety Precautions: A mat will help cushion your body while lying on the floor. Shoes are optional during this Pilates workout. Always work at your own pace and level, using modifications whenever necessary.
- NEW! Track Your Workout: Scroll down to the bottom of this article and click the "Add to Fitness Tracker" button. (You must be logged in for this to work.)
- Extra Tip: Only complete as many exercises as you can using good form, taking a break as needed. As you progress, try to finish the entire video.
- You can pause or rewind the video at any time if you need a break or need to watch for closer instructions. We suggest watching the video one time through before attempting the workout.
- While this workout will take you through just one set (4-10 repetitions) of each exercise, they all focus on the same muscle groups. Doing multiple sets of this video is not necessary, especially since Pilates exercises are not designed to work muscles to complete fatigue.
- This video does not include music, but you can play a stereo or CD in the background as you workout. Just make sure you can still hear the instructions.
- To play the video, simply click on the Play button (bottom left corner) to start. Below the video screen, you'll find buttons for Pause, Stop, and volume control.