I hate to say this, but there are some really idiotic suggestions in this article.
- Hold a meeting at the gym??? Most gyms require membership for ALL participants, so if your coworkers are not a member of the same gym (that happens to be onsite??) How do you manage to use the gym. How do you block out time & space for this? What about privacy, coworkers' fitness levels, or disabilities? What if some of your coworkers are at different locations/cities/countries, or work from home?
- Step aerobics on phone books??? An accident waiting to happen!
- Close your door and shadow box for a few minutes??? Assumes everyone has an office. Many companies have an open floor plan.
How about something a lot more practical,
- Bring your lunch, then take a walk afterwards, instead of going to the drive-thru.
- Walk to your coworkers desk to talk instead of calling them.
- Park in the farthest parking space in the parking lot.
- 3/11/2013 12:26:46 PM