1. Canned Salmon…price looks a little low…besides, it will sit in my pantry for three years…don't know what to do with it!
2. Chicken breasts….much cheaper at Costco!
3. Natural peanut butter….YECH!…threw it away!
4. Beans…have never been able to abide them.
5. Eggs…prices are up and down on that one…
6. Lentils…YUM! But only cook with them every couple of years.
8. Frozen fruit and berries…I buy them and then never use them!
9. Apples…always have them on hand, but only get around to eating them about every 3 weeks or so and always with Skippies Peanut Butter.
10 Bananans…35¢? The is really a '90s price!
11. Grapes…try $3.99 on sale!
12. Lettuce…pretty much goes to waste at our house. But I always have it on hand in case one or other of us wants to use it.
13. Carrots…only get the baby carrots in with cauliflower and broccoli in a bag.
14 Frozen spinach…good, but usually as an ingredient.
15. Canned tomatoes…let me find that $1 can! Love the ones flavored with garlic and onions!
16. Garlic: Nope. Hubby doesn't like, so I buy minced to add lightly to a recipe.
17. Sweet potatoes…yech!
18. Onions…always keep them on hand in case I wind up cooking. Not often.
19. Broccoli…see carrots above.
20. Whole-grain pasta…about 3 times the cost now. Especially for Dreamfields.
21. Air popped is tasteless. So I gave up popcorn pretty much.
22., Brown rice…always have it on hand.
23. Oats…never cooked real oatmeal…only the instant. Have used it in meatloaf.
24. Yogurt…by the quart? Always ends up being thrown out.
25. No blue milk for this gal!
- 7/21/2012 2:47:10 AM