Recipe for Sooji Uttapam
Sooji uttapam is a fast and easy snack to prepare. You can also have it for breakfast or brunch. Itís very delicious as well as healthy option. Sooji uttapam is also known as rava uthappa or rava uthappam.
Recipe of sooji uttapam/ rava uttapam
1 1/2 cups moti sooji (rava/ coarse semolina)
Salt to taste
1 1/2 cups curd (yogurt) - preferably sour
3/4 cup water
2 tomatoes- finely diced
2 onions- finely chopped
2 green chillies- finely chopped
Coriander leaves- chopped
Salt to taste
Oil to cook
1. Mix together all the ingredients of the batter. Keep the batter aside for 1/2 hour.
2. Before cooking, beat the batter well and adjust water to get the thick pouring consistency. Batter should be thicker than dosa batter.
3. Mix all the ingredients of topping and keep aside.
4. Heat a non-stick tava or a skillet on medium. Grease it and wipe it clean with a small napkin.
5. Turning the heat to low, pour 2 tablespoon batter in the centre of the tava. With a gentle, outward motion, spread it with the back of a ladle (karchhi) to get a round shape. Keep it a little thick.
6. Turn the heat to medium and after 2 minutes, sprinkle some topping on it. Press the topping gently. Pour a tsp of oil on it and cover it with a lid of some height.
7. After the underside is cooked, remove the lid and turn over the uttapam gently so that top side also gets cooked. When the onions turn little brown, remove from the tava. Serve hot sooji uttapam with sambar or chutney.
This can be had as a breakfast as well
| Pounds lost: 0.0