Week 9 Challenge
Switch from weight loss to a maintenance lifestyle. If you have met your weight goal-Congratulations! You have really accomplished something good for yourself and your family. But, the battle is not over. A very large percentage of people gain back their weight. But…. You are not a statistic and you can keep up the good work! Here are some tips for doing so:
· Recalculate your caloric requirements using sparkpeople.coms tools. Some people find it helpful to continue to track their food
· Take a moment to reflect on the things that have contributed to your success and jot them down. Continue those good habits.
· Watch for “creep” in the amount of food you eat and/or exercise. This can easily happen.
· Take on a new challenge, perhaps adopting a cause and becoming involved in a walk or run to raise money.
· Weigh yourself often, for some this is daily. If you see an increase of even a few pounds, return to your weight loss strategy for a week or so.
· Use “I” statements such as “I am a healthy eater” and “I live an active lifestyle”.
· Encourage someone else who is on the weight loss journey. The best way to reinforce good behavior changes is to teach them to someone else.
Remember, if you have not yet met your goal: DO NOT GIVE UP.
The only failure comes if you stop trying.
Congratulations to all the Brookdale Weigh Participants.
Edited by: TAHOSA at: 2/28/2011 (06:52)
Tahosa - Trekker of the San Tans
| Pounds lost: 5.0