Personally, for me, all chocolate sucks! Now that I have that off of my chest, this is how I make my large protein based shake...
1/2 cup skim milk 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (from egg whites international) 1 scoop of Gaspari vanilla protein - will tell you why further down 1 handful of fresh spinach 1 cup of berries (fresh - preferable) - frozen in a pinch add ice if not using frozen berries All in blender and smoothie/milkshake - about 30 oz
1. Gaspari's protein tastes fantastic in my opinion... even the chocolate. I like all their flavors. An when I am in a hurry, I mix it with a hand shaker and just egg whites and milk - or just water.
2. YOU CAN NOT TASTE THE SPINACH - I swear!
3. A 3rd trick - by using vanilla - you can make it ANY flavor you want. Buy the coffee creamers like FF Caramel, or Chocolate swirl or Eggnog at Christmas, put in 1-2 tbsp and your shake now has that flavor!!!! No kidding.
4. Protein for this shake is upwards of 50g - adding more scoops of protein powder can be done also.
5. I also put in BCCA and Glutamine powders for recovery.
6. You can use banana's instead of berries... the riper the banana the sweeter the shake
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.