|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
If you freeze your banana in chunks it will make the shake less runny. As a matter of fact, any frozen fruit will make it more like a shake and less like a drink.
I blogged about my favorite protein shake recipe here: www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_jo
Hope this helps!
My blog, about my personal experience and opinions of fitness related stuff: itallmakesadifference.blogspot.com/
I usually do fruit, yogurt, flax seed and maybe some vanilla protein powder or peanut butter.
When I use protein powder the one I like is GNC 100% Whey.
Personally, for me, all chocolate sucks! Now that I have that off of my chest, this is how I make my large protein based shake...
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup liquid egg whites (from egg whites international)
1 scoop of Gaspari vanilla protein - will tell you why further down
1 handful of fresh spinach
1 cup of berries (fresh - preferable) - frozen in a pinch
add ice if not using frozen berries
All in blender and smoothie/milkshake - about 30 oz
1. Gaspari's protein tastes fantastic in my opinion... even the chocolate. I like all their flavors. An when I am in a hurry, I mix it with a hand shaker and just egg whites and milk - or just water.
2. YOU CAN NOT TASTE THE SPINACH - I swear!
3. A 3rd trick - by using vanilla - you can make it ANY flavor you want. Buy the coffee creamers like FF Caramel, or Chocolate swirl or Eggnog at Christmas, put in 1-2 tbsp and your shake now has that flavor!!!! No kidding.
4. Protein for this shake is upwards of 50g - adding more scoops of protein powder can be done also.
5. I also put in BCCA and Glutamine powders for recovery.
6. You can use banana's instead of berries... the riper the banana the sweeter the shake
Hope that helps.
~ Sheri ~
Find me on twitter - @SherdogSheri
You have 3 choices.
Give it your all...
I'm looking for the elusive good tasting shake with high protein.
I went in to Max Muscle and threw this scenario at them. They countered with the store brand of chocolate. It tasted like medicine.
I currently like the cheapo from Nutrishop, but I'm almost out of that. I want to increase the amount of protein I am eating and need the supplement, but don't want to retch every time I drink one.
Preference of chocolate so I can mix it with bananas and peanut butter to make a pseudo-milkshake.
If we only did things to make ourselves weigh less, we wouldn’t necessarily be healthier.