|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
The Top 10 "Trans Fat" Foods:
1. Spreads. Margarine, for example, contains both trans fats and saturated fats, both of which can lead to heart disease. Other non-butter spreads and shortening also contain large amounts of trans fat and saturated fat.
2. Packaged Foods. Favorites such as cake mixes and Bisquick contain generally have several grams of trans fat per serving.
3. Soups. For example, ramen noodles and soup cups contain very high levels of trans fat.
4. Fast Food. Those beloved fries and other crunchy foods are deep-fried in partially hydrogenated oil.
5. Frozen Food. From frozen pies to pot pies to breaded fish sticks, frozen foods generally contain trans fat. Even if the label says the product is low-fat, it can contain trans fat.
6. Baked Goods. Commercially baked products contain more trans fats than any other foods. Examples include doughnuts, cookies and cakes.
7. Chips and Crackers. That crispy texture comes from shortening. Even reduced fat brands may contain trans fat.
8. Breakfast Food. Cereals and energy bars often contain trans fats, even if the labels claim to be "healthy."
9. Cookies and Candy. Check the labels for the fat content. For example, a chocolate bar probably will contain more trans fat than gummy bears.
10. Toppings and Dips. Flavored coffees, nondairy creamers, whipped toppings, gravy mixes and salad dressings typically contain trans fat.
Notice that fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats and water aren't on this top 10 worst foods list? Hmmmm...
Support our troops
2/07 191 highest 197 on 2008
my.sparkpeople.com/JOYCEANN2 leader of lcr plus teams.sparkpeoplecom/LowCarb
also north shore ma teams.sparkpeople.com.NorthShoreMassachuse