|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD.
THIS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
BLC 12 starts on Monday 03/22/10 and ends with final weigh-ins on 05/03/10. This is a six week challenge.
For the start of the challenge, you'll be required to post your starting weigh-in and measurements for chest, waist, and hips.
After that, weigh-ins will be reported weekly and measurements will be collected again with final weigh-ins. Challenge weeks run Monday to Sunday.
Weigh-ins are due by Wednesday of each week. All team captains will report their team's results by Friday and all-team results will be posted over the weekend.
If you miss two weigh-ins in a row (without letting your team know if you're going to be off-line in advance), you will be considered a "no-show/dropout" and will be dropped from your team's roster. (Don't let this happen to you!)
We will be tracking daily points for BLC 12. Point totals can be reported weekly with your weigh-ins. Points tracking for each week will be from Monday to Sunday. Healthy points are designed to reinforce healthy habits, using Spark People tools, and supporting your team.
1) WATER - Give yourself 1 point for drinking at least 64 ounces of water each day.
2) FOOD TRACKING - Give yourself 1 point for staying within your calorie range each day.
3) FREGGIES - Give yourself 1 point for having at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
4) ACTIVITY - Give yourself 1 point for getting at least 30 minutes of fitness activity (cardio and/or strength) each day. You may substitute 10 minutes of stretching/yoga/meditation in lieu of cardio/strength for two days per week.
5) SPARKING - Give yourself 1 point for logging into SparkPeople and doing at least ONE of the following activities: Posting a huddle with your team, posting a reply on any of your team threads, or leaving a comment on the SparkPage of any of your teammates.
BONUS - Earn a 5 point bonus PER WEEK for posting your challenge results on the all-team challenge weekly thread.
5 points possible each day
5 point bonus possible each week
40 total points possible each week
Overall Team Winner
All Teams are tracking the following things:
1. Pounds lost
2. Percent lost
3. Inches lost (chest, waist, hips)
4. Healthy points (team average)
5. All-team challenges (team average)
Each week, every team will report their totals for these items (except Measurements-those are only taken for the starting and final weeks). Each team will receive a # of points based on their ranking.
EXAMPLE: If there are a total of 7 teams, results would be figured like this:
The Clear Team is 1st in pounds lost (7 pts), 3rd in % lost (5 pts), 4th in inches lost (4 pts), and 1st in healthy points (7 pts). That is a total of 23 points for that week.
The team with the most points is the weekly winner. The team with the most points over all 6 weeks will be crowned BLC 12 Champions!
Information about each week's challenge will be posted on the 30-somethings team. Please be sure to participate to help your teams overall ranking for the challenge.
For BLC 12, healthy points and challenge points earned will be averaged by the number of active team members per team. Rankings will be based on this averaged total.
Guidelines to help raise your chances of success:
Participate in team discussions and challenges.
Don't hurt yourself! Stay safe! Push yourself, but don't overdo it. We don't want anyone visiting the ER because they went overboard on a challenge!
The minimum requirement is to weigh-in each week. However, tracking your measurements and points for healthy activities will increase your chances of success!
BLC TEAM MOTTOS:
PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION
PARTICIPATION = SUCCESS
If you have any questions, please ask your team captainS or e-mail me (NEWSTART127).
Here's to an AMAZING Challenge!
-Audra (from Northern California)
Wisdom from an Ivory Soap wrapper: "Enjoy the little things for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything, is ready, we shall never begin. -Ivan Turgenev
Dream big and then work to make those dreams come true! We're all stronger than we think we are!
Training for my next race with EPIC Tri.