Oh Honey, I really feel for you...you have a number of the stressors in life all together.
New job, change in family, medical issue/health, family concerns.... one would be enough for someone but to have all of them at the same time is really rough.
I can't say I know how you feel , but I can say that I have had multiple stressors in my life at the same time and both my husband and daughter have had severe cases of shingles where I could not even give a genle touch or caress because it would cause them additional pain.
Everyone has a mis-step along the way but you are now walking forward and that is what counts!
Here are some of the ways I relieve stress:
1. listening to uplifting music that I can sing and/or dance to
2. My stress ball right next to the computer AND I have one right next to me in the car for when I am in traffic jams or something happens on the road that causes me to stress.
3. Reading something I enjoy, I have several favorite authors
4. Watching a comedy that will make you laugh; and laughter releases endorphins that relieve stress, lowers blood pressure, and boosts the immune system.
5. Enjoying a piece of chocolate, or a hot beverage I enjoy....remember though keep it away from the computer....my chai tea is waiting for me in the kitchen.
6. Doing something you enjoy doing but usually postpone...i.e.. taking the time for a bubble bath, (calgon take me away!!!) or painting my nails, coloring my hair, reading my magazines, writing out a card or letter to a friend that you haven't talked/ written to lately.
7. Splashing through the puddles outside...THAT always makes me happy and feeling like a kid! Remember kids laugh about 400 times a day compared to adults who may laugh 17 times a day.
Doctors agree laughter is the best medicine....besides it costs nothing and can't hurt you. Even has a name for it BTW....Humor Therapy!
8. Back up ideas with your son....
Say you plan a picnic...it rains....who said you have to have one outside...put down a blanket in the livingroom, play a cd with the sound of wind, birds, or water flowing or watch a movie that shares camping adventures OR a travel one that takes you to places you would both like to go...if you would like to go camping then pitch a tent in the living room, make or purchase a special treat to enjoy ....just when you picnic or camp and don't forget the s'mores; you can even make them in the microwave! Use flashlight in your tent to tell spooky stories at bedtime with the other lights turn down low or off.
What do you both like to do?....dance, sing, play puzzles, sketch, color together in coloring book...don't knock it I find coloring very soothing... make some playdoh and create things or smush it up and put it away for another day. Work on a craft or gift idea together for your sisters for Christmas ....create some cards or scrapbook together.
I think...I can't do this now BUT I can do this...
I can't afford a new livingroom with drapes and carpet for example BUT I can rearrange the furniture, the wall hangings, bring in bits of nature...be that a flower, stone, shell ...
Knowing your circumstances and what your son's age and ability are you can come up with more ideas...hoping the above gives you some ideas.
My final thought is this...even though your cannot hop in your car and see your sister anymore...if you get a microsoft or other camera for your computer you can SEE her, share with her and stay close.
And other than getting a camera if you don't have one now it will cost you nothing. I heard from one team member she picks up good computer parts from Goodwill...or check on craig's list or freecycle.
My daughter lives almost 2,000 miles from here but with Instant Messaging and the camera I can be in contact with her instantly, open presents together at Christmas and see each others expressions, sing happy birthday, show her how the clothes she sent fit me, and with a laptop take her outside to see the snow, my ever-changing garden and the seasons, my flowers blooming
Think what you can do...you will be amazed at what you come up with...please share some of your solutions with me....
And take the stress challenge sparks has for more ideas and check out this link to.
Good luck and warm hugs coming your way. www.selfgrowth.com/articles/How_often_do_y
Edited by: GOLDDUSTTWIN at: 4/21/2012 (16:17)
¸.•´ .•´¨¨))May you have Butterfly Mornings and Wildflower Afternoons!
((¸¸.•´ .•´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´* Dusty
| Pounds lost: 8.7