The leading rule for the lawyer, as for the man of every other calling, is diligence. Leave nothing for to-morrow which can be done to-day.
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
I love deadlines. Especially the whooshing sound they make as they pass by.
How does a project get to be a year behind schedule? One day at a time.
John Andrew Holmes:
Speech is conveniently located midway between thought and action, where it often substitutes for both.
Mary Todd Lincoln:
My evil genius Procrastination has whispered me to tarry 'til a more convenient season.
Pearl S. Buck:
I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work.
The Procrastinator's Creed:
1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.
3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.
4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.
5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.
6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.
7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesmally small, is not exactly zero.
8. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year.
9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.
11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.
12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/plan/plan.
13. I will never put off until tomorrow, what I can forget about forever.
14. I will become a member of the ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (the Procrastinator's Society) if they ever get it organized. www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_procrastination.h
| current weight: 146.0