The heat may be causing you to sweat which would make the seal slide and leak. Also the sliding would cause more skin irritation on the nose.
1) Try loosening the straps a little. People tend to cranks the straps tighter and tighter trying to get a seal, when looser allows that outside silicone cover to inflate like a balloon and work properly. If you toll and turn some leakage is normal.
2) Try soaking the gel cushion in hot water for ten minutes before bed. Dry and put it on warm. It helps to mold the gel into your face shape.
3) You may be due for a new mask. Most insurances will change them out after 6 months to a year.
4) check out cloth liners or moleskins to protect your skin in the hot weather. www.cpap.com/productpage/remzzzs-full-face
I always thought these look a bit like coffee filters. I was always going to experiment with natural coffee filters or even just a scrap of any fabric material, but I haven't used my full face mask in a couple of years. Frankly the nasal masks are more comfortable.
5) try adjusting the angle of the forehead piece. I am assuming it is the bridge of your nose that is being irritated.
6) here is mole skin. www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&rlz=
The sticky side goes on the mask. The soft on your face. Don't laugh, we had a little controversy about this a while back.
Oh and to help with the hot weather since we only had air conditioning downstairs, I would put a bag of ice in a pan in front of a fan and turn it directly on me. I also took the iced gel packs to bed with me.
Hope some of this helps.
| Pounds lost: 8.0