1) green lentils, diced sweet potato, tomato paste, dijon mustard, with basil and mint - refreshing cold salad served with sliced oranges
2) green lentils cooked with shallot and rice vinegar (without salt), make sandwich of kale confetti (tossed with lemon, salt and pepper), sliced avocados, and mashed lentils...on a wholesome bread
3) orange lentils, onions, mild green chilis, garlic, cumin, use as your "meat" in tacos
4) lentil pie, make crust, fill with carrots, diced yams, red onions, green onions, mushrooms, turnip, parsley, garlic, dash red wine or balsamic vinegar leftover lentils, some rice flour for thickening, put upper crust on and bake slow heat for and hour, top with greek yogurt and horseradish, this one i made extra one and freeze back.
5) crock pot vegan chili, garbano beans, black beans, soaked overnight and cooked for full day, hour hours to finish add carmelized onions, carrots, chopped tomatoes and french lentils, can of corn, 1jar favorite salsa
Can you tell i eat lentil about four times a week ;-)
| Pounds lost: 33.0