Chicken Stir Fry
* 2 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
* 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons cooking oil, divided
* 1 cup broccoli florets
* 1/2 cup sliced celery (1/2 inch pieces)
* 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
* 1/2 small onion, cut into wedges
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1. Cut chicken into 1/2-in. strips; place in a resealable plastic bag. Add cornstarch and toss to coat. Combine soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder; add to bag and shake well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Add remaining oil; stir- fry broccoli, celery, carrots and onion for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add water and bouillon. Return chicken to pan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce and reduced-sodium bouillon) equals 306 calories, 14 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
From All Recipes: Healthy Bites allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Stir-Fry/Det
We Can Do All Things By His Strength
God Bless You,
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
" - Galatians 2:20 thesaviorjesuschrist.com
| current weight: 263.0