|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Oh yum, this sounds delicious! It would be so good in the Summer with chicken added I think. Will have to copy and paste. Thank you!
I'm starting my ticker over with going low carb.
"Little by little whittling my middle!"
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Combine the fresh taste of vegetables and herbs with pasta for a salad that is full of flavor and easy to prepare.
Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
* ¼ lb fusilli (corkscrew) pasta
* 1 large bunch asparagus cut into 1-inch lengths, discarding bottom fourth
* ½ medium onion, minced
* ½ basket cherry tomatoes, quartered (gently squeeze to remove seeds)
* 5-6 medium cloves garlic, pressed
* 3 TBS chopped fresh basil (or 1 TBS dried basil)
* 1 TBS chopped fresh tarragon(or 1 tsp dried tarragon)
* 3 TBS fresh lemon juice
* 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
* 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
* salt and cracked black pepper to taste
* *optional 4 oz goat cheese
1. Cook pasta according to instructions on package.
2. While pasta is cooking prepare rest of the ingredients. Place everything but asparagus in a bowl and set aside.
3. When pasta is about 3 minutes from being done, add asparagus to cooking pasta. (If asparagus is thick you may want to add 4 minutes before it's done. Or if it is thin, add 2 minutes before it's done.) Drain and rinse in cold water in colander when done. Make sure it drains well so it doesn't dilute flavor.
4. Toss with rest of ingredients, and season with salt and pepper.
We Can Do All Things By His Strength
God Bless You,
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
" - Galatians 2:20