1. Cut out pictures that remind you of your own personal objectives in weight loss. Perhaps you'd like to look at a picture of yourself in a thinner state - or some other person whose body you feel you could realistically achieve. Post the pictures where you'll see them daily. The idea is to encourage yourself. Don't put something up that will make you feel that your goal is unreachable
2. Socialize with people who make good health a priority in their livesYou might find them in a club for runners, bikers, or skiers; or at your YMCA; or doing workouts on a local walking trail
3.Observe They're living examples of what anyone can do with enough knowledge, determination, and moral support
4. Keep inspirational slogans where you'll need them most.Post them on the refrigerator, inside the cupboard door, at your office, or wherever
5. Make a list of things that will be more enjoyable for you when you're at a healthy weight. The list could include shopping for clothes, playing with granchildren, traveling, and so on. The list should reflect your unique personal interests
6. Set mini-goals. Look ahead only 5 pounds at a time. Progress will seem to come much faster, and you'll be motivated to continue
7. Celebrate each accomplishment. When you find that an old garment has become baggy, call a friend and share the news
8. Keep track of lost inches as well as lost pounds.Lost inches and firmer muscles mean you're still heading in the right direction, even during a weight-loss plateau
9. Read other success storys. Every success story represents a real live person who's accomplished just what you're trying to do. Every story has something to teach you
10. Ask others for support. You'll find it easier to stay on track if you know it'll earn you a compliment from someone who realizes just how far you've come
If you always do what you always did, then you'll always get what you always got.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.