1. Take the stairs.
2. Ride your bike.
4. Lift light weights while you watch TV
5. Do some cardio exercise while you watch TV.
7. dance with kids
8. go shopping instead of shopping online
9. let your toddle walk stat buggy so you have to run after him(stop going in the road)
10. put more sprung in your step by swinging your hands more.
11. park your car further away - at the furthest end of the parking lot.
12. get off the bus a stop or two early and walk the rest of the way.
13. leave the car home and walk or bike the entire distance.
14. walk in place or do some ST while you microwave.
15. do a simple exercise every time you go to the toilet
16. share the activity - take the dog for a walk
17. stretch in the shower, while the muscles are warm
18. move around while on the phone, instead of just sitting
19. start a lunch time walking group at you workplace
20. make family time more interesting - instead of a walk, do a scavenger hunt in the park
21. Unloading the car one bag at a time making quite a few trips back and forth.
23. Walk the dogs - take them further than normal, they could use it too.
24. Mega cleaning
25. Exercise DVD's
26. Walk faster on a walk or do intervals to keep from slowing down and meandering.
27. Walk the grocery store/Department store over and over
28. Walk the nurseries too.
29. Mow the lawn.
30. Plan an active vacation - swimming, walking, canoeing, hiking...
31. Wash dishes
33. DIY - Do it your own handiwork
34. Deliver messages in person instead of using the phone or e-mail
35. Have active fun date nights.
41. wash the car (by hand)
42. carry your baby
43. give your kids piggy back rides
44. play leap frog with the kids
45. play badmitton
During a heat wave:
46. Walk in an airconditionned mall or superstore
47. Exercise in a pool (swimming is # 6 here, but you can also do other exercises)
48. Join an aquafit, swimming, or diving class
49. Perfect your diving off the diving board.
50. Run through a water sprinkler!
51. Play frisbee
52. Play volleyball
53. Hike a trail
54. Rearrange furniture in a room (or two)
55. Help a friend or neighbor with physical concerns (elderly, injured, etc.) by doing some of their chores or errands for them
~ Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. ~
Lucy Maud Montgomery, via Miss Stacy in Anne of Green Gables
| current weight: 211.5