Hey guys, been MIA again, Just don't have a lot of time for the PC. I did run across an article I thought I would share with you. It is about Coconut Oil I have been using it for a while now and seems that is is good for you.
The 5 Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
Although coconut water may not be quite as beneficial as we thought, that doesn't mean that you still can't get health benefits from coconut in other forms. In fact, coconut oil is one of the best ways to enjoy the health benefits of coconut!
5 Things to Love About Coconut Oil
1. It may help with weight loss. Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides that are metabolized differently than fats from other oils. These unique fats may help with weight loss.
2. It can raise your good cholesterol. Although coconut oil contains saturated fats, it's not the bad kind you normally think of. In fact, coconut oil can raise your good HDL cholesterol and give you a dose of antioxidants!
3. It may strengthen your immune system. Coconut oil contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, which have antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. This can help in fighting harmful bacteria and illness in the body!
4. It helps you to absorb important minerals. The fats and substances in coconut oil help your body to better absorb calcium and magnesium, which are important for bone health.
5. It helps with blood sugar levels. Coconut oil also helps control blood sugar levels by improving the secretion of insulin and the utilization of blood glucose.
So the next time you cook, why not try a little coconut oil instead of your usual cooking oil?
Edited by: 2BFREE2LIVE at: 8/25/2011 (19:56)
"You're never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream..." C.S. Lewis
“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwE8HLLue48
| current weight: 118.0