|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
I want to save money to buy a house
I like my lungs
i hate the smell
If you can, help others; if you can not do that, at least do not harm them. ~ his Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
I'm quitting tomorrow! My top 3 reasons:
1. I'm tired of feeling like crap about myself because I smoke.
2. I'm tired of the smell - on me, my clothes, my house...
3. I want to be healthy!
I have been smoke free for 1112 days and my top reasons are
All is well.
I quit a month and a half ago, but my reasons were:
1) tired of not being able to breathe
2) wanting to set a better example for my kids and be around to (hopefully) see grandchildren grow up (I just lost my stepmother to lung cancer in January.)
3) Cigarettes went up a $1.00/pack where I live and I just can't afford it anymore!
"Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities crept in - forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it well and serenely, and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old mistakes and nonsense." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
I quit at the end of March but my reasons were:
1-tired of feeling like crap every time I smoked
2-wanted to run but couldn't
All of the above are true.
Persevere. Even if you fall on your face, you have moved forward.
PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION.
1. Smoking is horrible for your skin.
2. I do not want to be fiending a cigarette constantly - it interferes with the enjoyment of life.
3. I want to smell good!