Repost: Original poster MariaSparkle:
1. Read a book.
2. Wash the car.
3. Wash the dog.
4. Go for a walk.
5. Knit a scarf.
6. Do a crossword puzzle.
7. Take a nap.
8. Call a friend.
9. Post a message here
10. Play with the cat.
11. Turn the bathroom into a spa and do all those beauty treatments.
12. Listen to a relaxation tape or some favorite music.
13. Go to a store and get a free make-up session.
14.Give yourself a manicure and pedicure.
15. Try out a new hair-do
16. Chew some cloves!!
17. Go to the movies.
18. Hang out at a mall.
19. Do a jigsaw puzzle online at Jigzone.com
20. Breathe deeply!
21. Swig down some ice water.
22. Jump on a treadmill or go to a gym.
23. Give someone you love a huge hug.
24. Plant some flowers.
25. Do some exercise - swimming, aerobics, yoga, etc. Great for releasing endorphins (feel good factor) and relieving stress (physical and mental).
26. Work out how to post a picture on SparkPeople!
27. Take up a new hobby/interest - channel your thoughts into something constructive and interesting.
28. Work in the garden.
29. Retail therapy with the cash you saved from not smoking.
30. Suck on a piece of TART candy.
31. Slather on a rich, creamy hand lotion and rub, rub, rub! It keeps fingers busy, and reminds you how nice it is not to have tobacco stink on them.
32. Eat a popscicle.
33. Floss and brush your teeth.
34. Make-out with your special someone! (Did that special someone hate kissing u when u smoked?)
35. Chew gum.
36. Chew a toothpick (shiny teeth).
37. Spend time with a child.
38. Give yourself a treat every day of your quit - not matter how small.
39. Spend an hour filling the paddling pool in the garden on a gorgeous sunny day, only to find that the kids would rather play on the computer.
40. Play several games of Internet Scrabble, and hopefully win one!
41. Walk in an old graveyard with the man you love.
42. Get your jammies on early, and park yourself in front of your computer for the night.
43. Hang on dearly to a caramel apple sucker.
44. Sing loudly.
45. Practice smiling in the mirror (releases endorphins)!
46. Make lists of pros and cons of smoking.
47. Find gross smoking disease pictures.
48. Play with Silly Putty.
49. Whistle "Don't Worry - Be Happy."
50. Get a camera, and take some pictures.
51. Write a letter (on paper!!).
52. Clean OUT the closets.
53. Crank up the radio and sing at the top of your lungs (works great for driving craves).
54. Crank up the radio and dance like no one is watching.
55. Make a puzzle.
56. Organize your boxes of pictures.
57. Alphabetize your CD rack.
58. Come here and read and post.
59. Go to miniclip.com and PLAY GAMES.
60. Do your nails. Hard to smoke with wet nails. I've tried.
61. Take a shower.
62. Take a candle-lit bath.
63. Clean out a messy drawer.
64. Take a day trip.
65. Try making home-made candles or soap.
66. Run in place.
67. Do some jumping jacks.
68. Start a reward fund - put away the amount you spend on smokes every day and use it to treat yourself once in awhile.
69. Write a poem.
70. Go antique shopping.
71. Plant a flower for every negative thought.
72. Go to church/talk to God.
73. Let your significant cook supper for you.
74. Call your Mother/Grandmother!
75. Paint a room.
76. Eat a hot fudge sundae.
77. Go play mini-golf.
78. Clean the basement or garage.
79. Wax the car.
80. Make love with your significant other.
81. Scrub the floor.
82. Treat yourself to a massage.
83. Chop up some veggies for a stir-fry - keep your hands busy!
84. Clean out the litter box.
85. Check your car's tyre pressure.
86. Call a radio show and request a song.
87. Go ride a rollercoaster.
88. Take a walk in nature.
89. Watch the sun set.
90. Write a goodbye letter to cigarettes
91. Donate blood.
92. Color your hair.
93. Make a greeting card.
94. Write a list of things you are grateful for.
| Pounds lost: 3.0