Ab trivia: Common Errors in Ab Workouts
• performing different exercises that all workthe same abdominal muscles. There are several areas of the abdomen you need to target. Try to break them down into the lower, upper, and sides (oblique).
• performing the exercises way too fast. This allows momentum and not the muscles to do the work.
• holding your breath. Muscles need oxygen to work to capacity.
• performing the same exercises every single workout. One thing muscles are great at is adapting. This will limit the results greatly.
• Doing way too many sets, way too often. Yes, the abdominal muscles can be worked more than other major muscle groups, but like all muscles they need rest.
• Too little or too much intensity in the program. The first means you aren't really working out - the latter can lead to severe back problems.
(adapted from list on http://www.questformuscle.com/articles/abdominal-exercises.html; supported by various articles on SP also)
| current weight: 198.0