I am a team player which I would go along with but I am also spontaneous because i do not like schedules. I have one all day long with the girls so exercising is not something that I would want a strict schedule with.
Definitely self-motivator (6 points) and everything about it is true- especially getting bored of the same activities and needing to find new stuff!! That is one reason I'm glad I found sparkpeople... gives me great ideas to change things up a bit!
Rachelle BE INSPIRED! * Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet? ~ Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables * I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. ~ Michael Jordan * To know you are one with what you are doing, to know that you have a purpose, begins with BELIEVING your actions touch all those that surround you.
Fitness Minutes: (27,944) Posts: 649 4/19/09 12:29 P
Also a self motivator, mostly by necessity given the questions I answered. With, thank G-d, 3 two-year olds I have to exercise on the fly and it's usually by myself during their naptime or maybe with them in their stroller.
current weight: 145.6
Fitness Minutes: (3,898) Posts: 220 7/29/08 4:09 P
"Itís not who you are that holds you back, itís who you think youíre not.Ē
"Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won't make us happier." -- Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
current weight: 182.0
Fitness Minutes: (12,999) Posts: 636 7/27/08 11:43 A
I am a team player. I guess that this is true. I love to be around people, because they motivate me to be active. I am so close to family and the few friend that I have. I will have to think about joining an exercise class.
Grade your self based on these questions to see...
1. When I think about physical activity, I: a. can't wait to put on my walking shoes b. really want to exercise but need a push c. dread the idea of moving a muscle, but am happy once I get moving
2. When I am physically active, I enjoy exercising: a. by myself at my own pace b. with a team or group c. with one or two buddies
3. I exercise because: a. I want to stay in shape, slim down, or improve my health b. I want to see my friends and catch up on the latest news c. the weather is nice or I just feel like it
4. When I take part in a physical activity, I usually: a. plan the event ahead of time b. participate when someone else has set up the activity or attend a class c. pull it together quickly and do something active when the mood strikes
5. Others see me as: a. a leader b. a team player c. someone who goes along with a good idea
6. I enjoy physical activities that are: a. set by my own routine b. set by a professional, teacher, or group c. spontaneous
For every answer, give yourself: A = 1 point B = 2 points C = 3 points
If you scored ... 6-9 points: you are a self-motivator 10-14 points: you are a team player 15-18 points: you are spontaneous
Self-Motivator You like structure and organization. Creating and sticking to your own exercise plan is relatively easy, but you may find yourself losing interest in your usual routine. Try adding a few new activities such as biking, rowing, gardening, or hiking. Or try alternating your favorite workouts such as walking, swimming, and weightlifting on different days of the week.
Team Player To you, exercise is a way to socialize and stay connected to friends and family Group activities and classes are a natural selection for you. Sign up for an exercise class; put together a group of friends for walking; or join a team sport or sports league such as bowling, softball, or doubles tennis.
Spontaneous You love freedom and loathe conforming to rigid rules. Things that get you moving might include a call from friends who need a fourth player for a round of golf, a hike in the woods to enjoy a beautiful fall day, or a walk to the store when you are out of milk. These activities are great, but make sure you're doing something active on most days.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.