I thought that we should all be rewarded for the hard work we out in trying to get or stay in shape. Therefore I've taken your suggestions and added a few of my own that we can start in February.
1. I will be awarding the top 5 sparkers goodies for their commitment to getting/staying healthy. To determine who the top 5 are I will check the team's leader boards for spark points. All you have to do is keep on gaining points.
2. I thought it would be fun to add a game to keep up the fun factor. So starting in February I will post a hangman phrase. Each person can post one guess per day. The first person to solve the puzzle gets a goodie.
3. Recipe share. The goal here is to find or create recipes that are healthy and flavorful and share them with others. As you post recipes others can try them and comment. At the end of the month we can vote on the best new recipe and the winner will earn a goodie and a whole lot of new recipes to try. I figure this is a win-win situation.
4. Try a new exercise each month. Add something new to your exercise plan whether it is weight lifting, cardio, a sport, hiking, yoga, zumba, anything. Let us know what you enjoy about it, how it has helped you, and if you will keep it in your exercise plan forever or if this was an interesting experiment. At the end of the month all who participate will earn a goodie.
5. Spark walks. Every time you join one of our Spark Team walks you will get a goodie...and you get to see some amazing trails and meet new people. There's no down-side here.
I think this should keep us busy for a while. I will probably have to tweak these and add others as we go along and feel free to share your ideas.
Cassie "Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward." -Victor Kiam
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.