I have decided it is time for another round of the buddy system.
Since we are all in different stages of our journey that I would ask everyone to sign up for a Buddy to work with for the month of February.
This way you can work at your own pace and have a Buddy to help you though rough spots or if you need a little push that is what a Buddy does.
With my reading this morning I found this great article that outlined these points that will help you succeed with those healthy goals.
Try using the Top 10 Tips below.
1. Write Them Down. It's a fact: writing down your goals gives you a higher chance of success.
** START BLOGGING on your Sparkpeople page OR SHARE YOUR GOALS on the team chat board!
2. Commit. Move beyond the land of "good ideas" to the land of true "commitment". Make the decision that you will show up for your goals. Perhaps you can do a ritual or ceremony to symbolize your commitment.
3. Tell People. Let your biggest fans in on your new commitments and goals for the year. A good support system will help you succeed.
4. Get Accountability. Even better than just letting others in on your "secret" dreams and goals-get some accountability. Meet for lunch once a month with a group that will ask you, "So, how's it going with your goal?" Hire a Coach. Talk to your best friend or partner.
Participate in our February Buddy system here at the TC Team. Get some support!
5. Make a Plan. Ensure success with a step-by-step plan. Figure out HOW you are realistically going to meet your goals for 2011.
6. Do a Goal Check-In. Before you decide on what you'll take on for the year, make certain you can answer, "YES!" to the following questions: "Am I the primary reason for setting this goal (vs. your mom, boyfriend, wife, boss, society)? Do I feel alive and energized by this goal? Is this goal in line with my life purpose or mission?" ** I personally love this one - it is so important to do this FOR YOU!!!
7. Get Real! If you're contemplating putting a goal down that you always put down and never achieve, take a second look. How will this goal end DIFFERENTLY this year? Is this goal something you need to let go of? What purpose is it serving you each year? What is the good enough reason to truly commit?
8. Focus With Reminders. Once you've got your goals and plan in place, figure out ways to remind yourself. Post their goals in on their bathroom mirror or in their car. Put reminders in their palm pilots or cell phones. Figure out what works for you.
9. Believe and Visualize. Do you know the story about the group of basketball players who spent one hour visualizing making baskets, while another group actually practiced? The visualizing players had better seasons! So visualize yourself on New Years Eve 2009 with all your goals achieved. What would that look like? How would it feel? Visualize once a day and see the difference it can make in your life.
Many Sparkpeople friends actually make up a photo, blog entry, email, or design their page as their visual.
IF YOU TELL YOURSELF YOU CAN DO IT..... YOU WILL!
BUDDY LIST NOW FORMING FOR THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY!!!
Sign up for a Buddy for the month.
SUPPORTING ONE ANOTHER... we will be successful!
For anyone new (or been here awhile) this is a GREAT way to get to know some of your fellow team members.
Doesn't have to be too intensive - check in a couple times a week and see how you are doing. Share your goals, your triumphs, your tough spots.
Have fun getting to know each other better.
This is where we will be accountable to our Buddy for our daily workouts and food tracking.
I'm looking forward to having a bunch of people to match up!
Sign up here and on Friday of this week I will match you up with a Buddy.
SO BE SURE AND SIGN UP NOW TO GET A BUDDY FOR THE MONTH.
"You're never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream..." C.S. Lewis
“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwE8HLLue48
| current weight: 118.0