Thanks for the reminders. We used to have a "bad" dog. She was uncontrollable. She could get anything and eat anything. She actually at glass Christmas tree balls. She once ate an aluminum pie dish. We had a cat who would work in concert with her and knock things off of high shelves for her. She never learned to go potty outside. She had her own overstuffed chair and would pee in it and then lie down. So much for dogs won't soil their nest. Over the years we have had many dogs, large and small, but Princess, the beagle is the only one who was totally untrainable. She was also a howler/brayer. I would love to tell you something good about her, but for the life of me I can't think of a thing. Anyway, we learned not to put ball near the bottom of the tree.
The person who makes a success of living is the one who see his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly. That is dedication. Cecil B. DeMille
Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. Dr. David M. Burns
ADULT DOG Planning a Safe Holiday When it comes to the holidays, there are so many things to be careful of - not gaining 10 lbs. on cookies, not getting yourself into debt just to buy some presents - and of course keeping your pets healthy, happy and safe. Here are some helpful tips from your friends at Hill's Pet Nutrition on how you can do just that.
Provide solitude. Keep your dog's favorite place free from the holiday hubbub so he can relax. Reduce stress. Keep your dog's exercise schedule as normal as possible to prevent anxiety and misbehavior. Keep poisonous and dangerous plants away. Plants like mistletoe and poinsettia are poisonous, and ingested pine needles can cause digestive tract blockage. Keep your pet away from these plants and you just might save yourself a trip to the emergency vet. Decorate safely. There are a variety of decorations that can cause problems for your dog. Ribbons and tinsel are frequently implicated in veterinary emergency rooms. Light cords, when chewed or frayed, can cause severe burns or electrocution. Prevent these disasters by keeping decorations out of reach or locked in an inaccessible room. Make holiday trips safe and prepare for them well in advance. Take special precautions when traveling with your pet no matter how you choose to travel. Several days before departing, consult with your veterinarian about how to properly prepare for a trip. Table scraps aren't pet snacks. Many holiday foods are loaded with fat and sodium and can cause stomach upset. Chicken bones can easily get stuck in the digestive tract and other foods like chocolate or onions can be poisonous. In short, people food is meant for people, not pets. Because chocolate can cause illness and even death in dogs, it should be avoided completely. Chocolate contains theobromine, a potent cardiovascular and central nervous system stimulant that is eliminated very slowly in dogs. Stick with healthy treats made especially for pets. Science Diet® treats are nutritionally balanced and make the perfect holiday snack for puppies, adult and senior dogs. Try one of the Science Diet® Jerky Treats® for greater variety. If your dog suffers from occasional stomach upset, try the advanced digestive nutrition of Science Diet® Sensitive Stomach adult dog food or an all-natural product like Science Diet® Nature's Best® dog food.
â˜†-:ï¿½:- *ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½)) -:ï¿½:- ï¿½.â™¥ .ï¿½â˜†ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½)).ï¿½*ï¿½) ((ï¿½ï¿½.â™¥ï¿½ ..ï¿½ï¿½ â˜†**â˜†.ï¿½ï¿½.â™¥ï¿½ Deb & Me Ling Olive Branch, Ms.
Treat stressful situations like a dog... If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away!
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.