I challenge all of us to try two new recipes (one a week) to help us all shake up our usual eats!
This week, my recipe comes from Clean Eating mag Fall 08 (p. 59)
Thai-Style Tofu & Noodles
Tofu & Noodles
2 quarts, plus 1 tbsp water
1/2 lb ww linguine
Olive oil spray
1 (14oz)pkg extra-firm tofu, drained & cut into cubes
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 medium red pepper, cut into slices
1 medium green pepper, same
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp natural unsalted peanut butter
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
1/3 cup water
1. In a large pot, bring 2 quarts water to boil; add linguine and cook for about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, puree sauce ingredients in a blender for about 15 seconds until creamy, set aside.
3. Mist a large nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and place over medium heat. Add tofu cubes and spoon minced garlic and soy sauce evenly over all pieces. Saute tofu, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
4. While the tofu is cooking, spray a separate medium nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and place over medium-high heat. Add red and green peppers and spinkle with salt. Saute peppers for 2-3 minutes; pour 1 tbsp water into the pan and immediately cover with lid. Cook for 3-4 more mins until peppers are tender and slightly blackened.
5. After the tofu has cooked for about 5 minutes and is flightly golden brown, add sauce and turn heat to low. Gently stir once or twice as sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes. Serve prepper and tofu sauce over linguine.
Per 1 1/2 cup:
Total Fat: 10 g ~~ Mono: 4.5 g, Poly: 1 g, Sat: 1 g
Carbs: 52 g
Fiber 10 g
Sugars: 5 g
Protein: 21 g
Sodium: 209 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg
I'm making it for dinner. I will post how it turns out!
| Pounds lost: 2.0