Plus Size Workout – Ways Crank It Up With Your Walking Workout
by Diane on November 9, 2010
Pump Up Those Arms For Intensity
Walking is considered to be the easiest, least expensive, and safest plus size workout available to start a plus size fitness routine. Many Curvy Goddesses will begin with this type of plus size exercise but later decide that they want to continue with walking but they need to make it more challenging.
You’ll have to intensify your plus size workout walking routine because after 4 to 6 weeks of doing the same routine your body will stop progressing.
That’s the power of adaptation. The process of adaptation is completed in 4-6 weeks.
So how could you intensify you plus size workout? There are so many ways.
• Change Your Pace – This is a simple way to challenge and intensify things. For example, if you typically walk a mile in 15 minutes then try walking it in less time. You will find that even this little change can increase your heart rate and challenge your body.
• Change Your Terrain – If you typically walk on a track or on sidewalks consider taking a walk in areas that include hills or even try a simple hike. Changing the motion of your body and the way your muscles work can add quite a bit to your walking workout.
• Add Weights – Adding weights to your walk is as simple as holding a 2 or 3lb. handweights or wearing a weighted vest. I firmly do not suggest ankle weights while walking. You may be surprised when you first try walking with weights what a difference a few pounds can make to your plus size workout.
• Incorporate Your Whole Body – You will find that you expend more energy if you swing your arms with control while walking. Swinging your arms naturally increases your speed. Keep the movement natural and don’t clench your fists. Your body should not have to think about what it’s doing.
• Go Farther – Don’t be afraid to add distance to your walking routine but make sure that you do it gradually. If you currently walk a mile try adding a quarter of mile to your walk until you feel comfortable with the distance and then continue to add a quarter of mile until you have reached your distance goal.
• Walk More Than Once a Day – If you are currently walking 30 minutes a day but feel that you might not be able to handle a 60 minute walk you can try doing two 30 minute walks during your day. If you walk 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening you have accomplished your 60 minute goal and your body doesn’t care that the plus size workout was spread out in two bout sessions rather than just one.
These are simple and inexpensive ways to get more out of your plus size workout, walking by increasing the intensity and challenge level without adding sudden stress to your body that may cause injury. Many of these changes will bring about results on their own but you can also combine these concepts in order to have a greater impact on your physical fitness goals and results.
Until next Curvy Goddess…Stay Strong and Stunning!
Edited by: MZSASSY at: 11/10/2010 (10:55)
Miss F. A. T. ( co leader)
( Fabulous And Thick)
Check us out for daily motivation, inspiration, tips and new friends.
Certified Candy Girl
Mzsassy~ AKA~ Nestle Crunch! RETIRED***************“
When I was a teenager I hated being curvy. But, as you grow up, you learn to love yourself and everything about you. At every stage, there’s a point when you’re uncomfortable but you grow out of it.” - Kim Kardashian
| current weight: 251.0