***SUBMITTED BY LINDALOU142***
Crockpot Bread Pudding - Makes 6 servings
I used my 3.5 quart slow cooker
8 slices bread cubed - I used cinnamon raisin bread
4 eggs - I used 1 cup of eggbeaters
2 cups of milk
1/4 cup sugar - I used Splenda
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
1/2 cup raisins -(use only 1/4 cup if using raisin bread) I put in dried cherries
1/2 tsp cinnamon - I put in about 2 teaspoons or maybe a tablespoon as we love cinnamon
2 Tablespoons of butter or margarine
2 Tablespoons of flour
1 Cup of water
3/4 Cup of Sugar
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
1. Place bread cubes in greased slow cooker.
2. Beat together eggs and milk. Stir in sugar, butter, raisins, and cinnamon. Pour over bread and stir.
3. Cover and cook on High for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook 3 - 4 hours, or until thermometer reaches 160 degrees.
4. Make sauce just before pudding is done baking.
Begin by melting butter in saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add water, sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a boil. Cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
5. Serve sauce over warm bread pudding.
Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Calvin Coolidge
Co-Leader, Friends on Our Journey Together
Co-Leader, Official Healthy Cooking Challenge
| current weight: 210.0