1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? First name after a song (like thousands of other girls) - Jennifer Juniper was the song. Middle name after my great-grandmother - and amusingly also the name of the street I was born on.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Well, crying for a loss would be when Princess Diana died. Didn't really have to do with her, though - my divorce was final in July, but I hadn't mourned it. A month later, seeing the news, it was something I could 'safely' cry over.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes. It's legible versus precise unless I'm trying.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Honey-baked Ham
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Three total. Daughter - 22, Son - 20, Daughter - 19.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Casual friends - neither of us would work hard enough to build the friendship, but we'd be there if the other called needing something.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Sparingly, but with bite when I do.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Ayup
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not a chance, but I do want to sky-dive some day.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Frosted Mini-Wheats (... does this make me that cliche'd older person in the commercials?)
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Always
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? In some ways, yes. Physically, I can lift more than people expect and carry it a ways (until my daughter was in her pre-teens and over 90 pounds, I could carry her when she fell asleep.) Emotionally, I must seem strong from the outside because very very little stresses me. But I have massive trust issues and avoid most relationships, so it's more that I'm walled off than that I'm strong.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Mint Chocolate Chip
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Smile (or lack of) and whether it is natural or not.
15. RED OR PINK? Red
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR SELF? Heh, I wanted to grow to be 5'10". I stopped at 5'7" (and 3/4", so I usually say 5'8"). I still wish I was taller. I'm big-boned and curvy, which shortens my appearance.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Can't think of anyone ... but that may be in large part the whole walling off thing I mentioned above.
18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST? Who? And none. I don't need "techniques" - though sometimes reading through many variations, I learn tidbits I build into my own.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? White socks with gray highlights, ankle height. Being lazy and haven't put shoes on yet.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A chocolate chip cereal bar.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Unlimited Gravity - Kiss of Light
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Forest Green
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Vanilla, Brown Sugar
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Bestest Friend
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE? Mountain Hideaway (my hermit home!)
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Hockey, at the rink!
27. HAIR COLOR? Medium brown with a significant amount of white/grey (was blonde blonde as a kid though - family trait to darken over the years)
28. EYE COLOR? Green Hazel
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope, can't anymore. Had corneal implants as part of a study before they were officially made available, and other than a slight astigmatism have 20/40 or better vision.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Chocolate, particularly in real fudge or truffle form
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Definitely don't like scary movies, but I can go for both happy and sad endings as long as they're plausible and not forced just to get it over with.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Uh .... uh ..... I remember watching Click with my kids on a July 4th night and loved having the entire theater to ourselves.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Green and dark blue
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, though I love seasonal change more than any one season
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs, lots of e-hugs, and a few real hugs to daughter who likes physical contact
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? I have to choose?! Oooh, Macaroni Grill in Milpitas had this dessert that was a pastry around a fun-size snickers bar, baked. DELICIOUS! But apple crisp, fresh from the oven, a la mode is divine too.
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO? Toss-up. Love both when I'm seeing the little improvements.
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION? Computer wins hands down. Only ever used the TV to play console games and it's in storage now.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? The Pheonix Endangered by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory AND Pieces of Gold by Nancy Young Mosny. Yes, two books at the same time. Well, not the exact same time.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Deathwing - a big bad dragon in the game WOW that I play.
42. FAVORITE SOUND? Raindrops pattering.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? New York. Lived in Brooklyn, worked in one of the twin towers for about 3.5 months. Came home to CA as soon as I had enough money.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Very quick to pick up new software, crazy memory for certain things, ability to roll Rs on both the front and back of my tongue (Spanish vs French? =P)
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? San Jose, CA
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW? San Jose, CA
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE? White
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR? Don't have a car and haven't for years. Last one was Teal (said blue on the title).
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS? Sometimes, though I always cringe at doing a meme, I still do it.
Edited by: BLUE42DOWN at: 11/12/2011 (16:29)
| current weight: 185.0