Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.
Fitness Minutes: (54,176) Posts: 31,545 11/11/12 12:21 P
1. I am the mother of 4 wonderful successful children. 2. I love to read books of all kinds. 3. I have a curvy shape. 4. I still look younger than my 62 years. 5. I keep on keeping on!
Kansas~ CST Each step taken is a calorie lest behind!
Don't quit! Tomorrow is another day to Sparkle.
December Minutes: 405
Fitness Minutes: (17,763) Posts: 14,028 11/11/12 1:58 A
Lately I have been feeling mopey and discouraged with life in general. Someday i will love to add that I can walk without getting winded and can tie my shoes and get my socks on in 1 minute rather then 10 minutes and that I can walk normally up and down the steps.. For now I love.. 1. I have pretty blue eyes that sparkle when the sun hits just right 2. I have natural full lips that I used to feel insecure about, but now people pay big bucks to have 3. I still love Disney movies and holiday movies. 4. I am a genuine goof- always have been and cant picture that changing in my lifetime. 5. I try hard to see the best in people and concider myself to be a good friend
~Lori from Virginia~ Lovely Limes Firecrackers 5% Santa's Speakers House of Ravenclaw
My goals ~ 250 weekly fitness minutes Work on clutter daily 500 miles in 2013 Stay positive 8)
"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place."
current weight: 260.0
Posts: 118 11/9/12 9:03 A
You're lucky! My bottom teeth have shifted like crazy since I've gotten older and I'd love to get them straightened back out. Fortunately the top ones are all fine and it's not noticable, but it does bug me. I try to remind myself that it's cool, maybe it gives me character... and oddly enough my dad has the exact same 2 teeth that are out of line, so I figure if my dad gave it to me, then I shouldn't be so quick to see it as a flaw. Someday he'll be gone and I'll look in the mirror and see his crooked teeth, and that maybe that's a good thing. Gotta be proud of where you came from.
When I look at my 7 year old's crazy grill and realize I'd better save my cash for HER orthodontia, not mine. Big teeth, small teeth, half grown in teeth, missing teeth. It's a warzone in there.
Fitness Minutes: (47,825) Posts: 6,821 11/9/12 7:35 A
What a good idea! 1 - I love my pretty brown eyes 2 - I have a sexy pear shape 3 - I love my dark, shiny hair 4 - I have an incredible imagination 5 - I can do so much more than I thought I could. I'm strong!
Pounds lost: 14.0
Fitness Minutes: (54,176) Posts: 31,545 11/8/12 9:12 P
1. I have pretty blue eyes. 2. I have a soft sweet voice. 3. I am a supportive friend. 4. I am doing more exercise than anytime in my life. 5. I am a sweet person.
Kansas~ CST Each step taken is a calorie lest behind!
Don't quit! Tomorrow is another day to Sparkle.
December Minutes: 405
Posts: 5,846 11/8/12 8:09 P
1.my eyes 2.my lips/my smile 3.my shape 4.my sense of humor 5.my ability to encourage others (God gets the glory)
Edited by: BRE2003SB at: 11/8/2012 (20:10)
I will bless the Lord at all times; His Praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trust in Him! Psalms 34:8
Live simply. Love seriously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
current weight: 248.0
Fitness Minutes: (10,995) Posts: 1,252 11/8/12 7:30 P
I absolutely love this thread, it's awesome! :
1) I love my blue-green eyes, I always get complimented on them :) 2) I love my height, I'm 5'10.5". It nice when looking for dresses, they always fit my height perfectly 3) I love that I have lost 31 pounds and 2 pant sizes 4) I love that I am a strong person emotionally and working on the physical part 5) I love that I am willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish my goals.
Under 300 Met 10/30/2011 -25lbs 290 lbs Met 07/22/2012 10% 283.5 lbs Met 03/24/13 No longer extremely obese 280 lbs Met 4/29/13 -50lbs 265 lbs Met 6/9/13 20% 252 lbs Met 8/18/13 -75lbs 240 lbs 30% 220.5 lbs No longer obese/-100 lbs 215 lbs Under 200 -125lbs 190 lbs 40% 189 lbs No longer over weight 180 lbs -150 lbs 165 lbs 50% 157.5 lbs Goal Weight: 160 lbs
current weight: 250.2
Fitness Minutes: (35,029) Posts: 1,322 11/8/12 3:46 P
What a great thread!
1. I like my perseverance. I tend to stick with things, even if I don't like them. Sometimes I'm slow in reaching goals, but I tend to finish what I start.
2. I like my teeth, even my silly crooked canine that has warped some of my other teeth.
3. I like that I'm smart.
4. I like that I'm a good pet-mom.
5. I like that I am creative.
Juliana ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Our bodies are our gardens to which our wills are gardeners." -- William Shakespeare ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "I never change, I simply become more myself." -- Joyce Carol Oates ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Every woman is a rebel." -- Oscar Wilde
December Minutes: 0
Fitness Minutes: (51,134) Posts: 1,183 11/8/12 3:15 P
1. I like that I can do a full push-up. None of this girly knee crap! :-P 2. I like that I can run a sub-10 minute mile when running a 5k race. 3. I like my arms. Michelle Obama's got NUTTIN on me! 4. I like waking up to some awesome music at 4 AM each morning, knowing that I'm going to get a great workout in to start the day. 5. I like my big toothy smile, especially after a good day of healthy eating and exercise.
I'll jump on that bandwagon too and show some appreciation for my girls! I've not been below a D cup since I've had kids, and my husband says they're fantastic.
Good for you being able to see your natural beauty without needing makeup. I have days that I can go without and feel just fine, and other days I catch a glimpse in the rearview and I can look like I'm ill. I guess that's getting older and not much to be done about it, except eating right and exercising and getting lots of good sleep. I love the shape of my lips but if I let them dry out and go naked for too long, they turn the same color as my face and disappear. Not a good look!
Posts: 249 11/8/12 2:15 P
I too love this and we all need to show ourselves some love.
Sooo here I go: 1- I love my chest. I have been a DD at least since Jr high. The boys would take turn trying to watch me do jumping jacks. If I tried.to hold them down and not move my arms, I'd get yelled at by the guys and the coach would yell me I was doing them wrong. Also my husband's best friend likes to put things up his shirt and see if he can get "his" bigger than mine... 2- I love my hair. I get yelled at every time I cut it because ot stays healthy and is a pretty golden Brown. 3- I love that I enjoy exercising now. I can do a 40min taebo workout and not need but one sip of water. 4- My face... especially my eyes and mouth. I've never had to wear much makeup to feel pretty. 5- my legs... from knee down. they are shapely and very pretty even at my weight :)
~Heather *An It Works! Independent Distributor * Find my website at Heather121.MyItWorks.Com* ************************* ~A bad attitude is like a flat tire...You can't go anywhere until you change it! ~
~Do or do not... There is no try~
current weight: 326.8
Posts: 3,639 11/8/12 12:55 P
This is a fantastic idea!
My 5 things that I love about myself are:
1. I love my soft brown hair that's so shiny in the sunshine! 2. I love my smile that can light up a whole room! 3. I love how I'm more aware of portion sizes. 4. I love how I will never eat alot of pasta, popcorn, pancakes, breads, desserts, etc., anymore because of them being simple carbs, unless I'm treating myself! 5. I love how I have learned to love exercise for the first time in my life!
"Little by little whittling my middle!"
Pounds lost: 2.0
Posts: 258 11/8/12 12:14 P
1) I have a fantastic rack! My husband always has guys come up to him and compliment them haha it makes him happy and I know a lot of woman who pay big bucks for them. 2) I have completed 2 half marathons and I have many more planned including both the tinker bell and the princess Disney halls and I'm hoping soon to complete some full marathons. 3) I have become better at recognizing when I'm eating emotionally instead of physical hunger and I've come a ways in getting it under better control. 4) I love know however stronger I am! I to van now go through an hour long workout with only 2 water breaks instead of 6! 5) I love how I am feeling better in my own skin! Sometimes I fall bak into old ways of thinking but it's become fewer an father between!
Here's to the girls on their boards with bruises and scars Here's to the girls whose fingers bleed from playing guitar Here's to anyone who never quit when things got hard You'll never let them say "You'll never get that far."
Pounds lost: 6.0
Posts: 118 11/8/12 11:24 A
81 pounds!!! Holy smokes. Congratulations! That's no small feat right there.
Posts: 1,087 11/8/12 11:19 A
1. I love my dark brown, deep set, big eyes - people used to tell me they were beautiful before I was chunky - now that I am losing weight they are emerging from the chub and my hubby tells me every day how beautiful my eyes are.. 2. I love the new ways I am learning how to cook - I am using my brain and creativity to not get bored 3. I am proud of the determination and hard work it took to lose 81 pounds 4. I am happy to be more energetic and positive than I was 10 months ago 5. I love looking at my more muscular arms and knowing that all things are possible!!
current weight: 159.0
Fitness Minutes: (10,289) Posts: 821 11/8/12 10:46 A
I think this is a GREAT idea!
1. I just got my mile time down to 22mins! 2. I've made lasting nutritional changes -- it's taken a year but I hardly ever go into the middle of the grocery store. 3. I've walked a 5k! 4. My eyes - they change colors depending on the colors I wear. 5. I have not completely given up! I might hit a wall but I soldier on and bust through it!
Hey Hey....I just loved that ON FIRE post! I too am IGNITED and EXCITED about my future. I have been like the turtle moving slowly toward my goal but guess what?? I AM NO QUITTER. I am successful each day a moment at a time. Here's the five things I am LOVING ABOUT ME: 1. I can get through my entire hour long Zumba workout class with only two waterbreaks. The first time I did Zumba a year ago, I counted 9. 2. I have a well defined back, shoulders and triceps because of all the hard work I've put in doing weights. 3. My self esteem has sky rocketed because of my improved health and body image. 4. I am loving wearing new clothes that start with a "1" in the size and not a "2" 5. I am proud to know that although I may not be perfect to the naked eye, God says I am fearfully and wonderfully made....this is know very well.
Have a fabulous day ALL and enjoy being who you are and where you are TODAY...AND KEEP PUSHING FORWARD!
current weight: 203.0
Posts: 118 11/8/12 10:26 A
So I joined this team so long ago, I really don't know any of you. My life has changed a lot this summer, I've grown apart from quite a few people in my life, had some crazy stress and problems... and I'm over it. I feel like I've had a kick to the head and without all the background noise, I'm on fire. I know what's important in my life, I know what I need to do to reach my goals, and I'm hitting it hard. I could really use some connection with other women in my shoes, fighting the same fight I am. So here I am. I want to get more involved with the Spark community. I need some fitness buds.
I just finished reading quite a few posts in the 'Fat Girl Problems' thread, and I wanted to start a counter-thread. Everyone had lots to say about what they don't like about themselves.
How's about we name 5 things about ourselves that we DO like, or that we're proud of? Go on, blow that horn.
I'll go first. 1. I like my big green eyes. 2. I like my red hair 3. I like my full lips 4. I like my natural body shape, even though it's a work in progress... I have a good womanly hourglass shape. I'd like to keep some of the junk in my trunk. 5. I'm proud of my fitness accomplishments this year, even if they haven't resulted in significant weight loss. I'm stronger, I feel new muscles, and I can RUN now and it actually feels good.
Page: 1 of (1)
Other DONE Being The Fat GIRL! Goals...Motivation...Inspiration...Support Posts
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkTeams, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.