Pounds Gotten Rid Of: 3.0
Starting: 43 1/4
Current: 40 3/4
Inches Gone: 2 1/2
Starting: 54 1/4
Current: 51 1/8
Inches Gone: 3 1/8
Challenge (Less Stress Calendar): 73 pts.
Day 1 - Reach Out: 7 pts.
-My network includes my husband, my daughters, and my friends both on and off SP.
-I reached out daily this week to stay accountable to my fellow team members on multiple SP teams, connect with new SP team members, and communicate updated reports on how we dealt with Fay - the storm that wouldn't go away. :)
Day 2 - Work up a sweat - 6 pts.
- I worked out at the gym daily Monday-Saturday.
Day 3 - Just Breathe - 6 pts.
- I used the deep breathing exercise throughout the week, especially when I felt stressed about the storm.
Day 4 - Hold Hands - 3 pts.
- Held hands with my daughter on 3 occasions.
Day 5 - Organize your life - 3 pts.
- Cleaned my desk off in my home office.
- Prepared homeschool calendar for all my daughter's homeschooling assignments for the fall term.
- Entered all upcoming homeschool co-op events and field trips into my personal calendar.
Day 6 - Get a Massage - 1 pt.
- My daughter gave me a great back massage.
Day 7 - Develop a mantra - 1 pt.
- My mantra for pushing forward when I added an extra minute to my run(3m)/walk(2m) intervals this week: I am powerful! I can do this! (And I DID!)
Day 8 - Sleep In - 3 pts
- Slept an extra hour 8/18, 8/20 & 8/23
- Took a short nap on 8/21
Day 9 - Keep a Journal - 1 pt.
- Posted in my SP blog once this week.
Day 10 - Don't Multitask - 2 pts.
- This is normally quite difficult for me. I chose to stay present while cleaning my desk and completing my blog entry this week. I'm learning that I'm much more efficient when I focus solely on one task at a time, event if it's only for short periods of time.
Day 11 - Aromatherapy - 2 pts.
- I lit my fragrance candle one time this week.
- I also baked bread - the aroma is so wonderful.
Day 15 - Communicate Openly - 5 pts.
- I have no problem doing this, hehe. I communicated daily with my husband throughout the week regarding things I needed his assistance with to weather Fay, both before and after. I also communicated with my daughter daily regarding my expectations for her completing homeschool assignments on her first week back to lessons. I called my older daughter to wish her a happy birthday.
Day 16 - Be Proactive - 4 pts.
- We trimmed the trees to prep for t.s. Fay.
- I purchased batteries, canned food and extra water to have on hand if needed.
- I called the mortgage company regarding 2 checks that we hadn't received - turns out they were lost and needed to be re-issued.
- I made the car payment up to a month in advance - 1 more to pay it off.
Day 18 - Take Care - 7 pts.
- I ate healthy all week long, exercised daily, drank plenty of water, and avoided alcohol.
Day 19 - Practice Patience - 2 pts.
- I practiced patience with my daughter when she needed some assistance to complete some of her assignments that she wasn't crazy about doing this week.
- I practiced patience with my husband as he has yet to fix the vacuum leak on my van to correct an engine idling problem.
Day 20 - Put Things in Perspective - 5 pts.
- I did this throughout the week as t.s. Fay was pouring down on us. Even though we got a foot of rain, there were folks much worse off than we were, and we had no flooding or power outages.
Day 23 - Give Yourself a Massage - 1 pt.
- I gave myself a back massage with a handheld power massager.
Day 24 - Let Go of the Past - 1 pt.
- I forgave a family member for not wanting to have more of a relationship with me and my family.
Day 25 - Stop Over-Planning - 1 pt.
- I stayed inside most of the week and didn't venture out in the storm unless it was an absolute necessity (like going to the gym, lol.)
Day 26 - Say No to Drugs/Alcohol - 7 pts.
- I avoid drugs and haven't had any alcoholic beverages since I started with SP in June.
Day 30 - Stay Present - 5 pts.
- Stayed present throughout t.s. Fay and didn't worry.
Edited by: WHITEKP at: 8/24/2008 (23:40)
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.