I got this recipe from Food 52 and wanted to share it with you all.
VEGAN GINGERBREAD COOKIES
Makes 25-30 small cookies or one small gingerbread house. for a larger house, double the recipe.
2 2/3cups all purpose flour (plus extra for rolling)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2teaspoon ground cloves
1/2cup melted coconut oil
1/2cup demerara sugar, coconut sugar, or evaporated cane juice
1/4cup almond milk, soy milk, or rice milk
1teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
2. Sift dry ingredients together into a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk together the oil, molasses, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry, using a whisk, an electric hand mixer, or your hands, till uniform. Flatten the dough into a disk and refrigerate, wrapped in saran, for 30 minutes (or overnight).
5. Dust a clean surface with flour. Roll the dough out till it's a scant 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes.
6. Bake cookies for 8 minutes, or until the edges are just browning. Let cool before serving
Edited by: LORETTAMO at: 12/19/2012 (17:09)
| current weight: 169.0