Another Post for you my Dear Lesieeee,hope it helps our Team smokers
A slip is the term for having one or two cigarettes after you have quit. Most slips occur within the first week after a person quits smoking. A slip does not mean that you will start smoking again on a regular basis (relapse). However, many people do relapse after a slip, so don't "allow" yourself a slip because you think you can stop after one cigarette.
Very often a single slip triggers negative feelings, self-criticism, and depression. This may lead to a sense that you have no control and, possibly, to more slips. Several slips in a row, or facing conditions where you are seriously tempted to start smoking again, may increase the chance that you will relapse.
Cravings are the most reported reason for starting smoking again. When you are faced with a strong temptation to smoke:
* Recognize the many health benefits you enjoy since you quit smoking.
* Avoid thinking that "one cigarette won't hurt me." It is highly unlikely that one cigarette will be enough. Usually it only "primes the pump" and makes you want more.
* Remember how hard it was to quit, and realize that you don't want to face that struggle again.
Avoiding slips is best, but if you do slip, it's important to respond to your actions carefully. A slip is not a relapse, but if you are not prepared, it can lead to a relapse. After a slip, consider the following:
* Recognize the slip for what it isóa brief return to an old behavior, an action that says nothing about future behavior. You do not become a person who smokes again after one or several slips.
* Slips are not signs of failure. Make sure that you don't give up completely on your efforts to quit.
* Talk with one of your support people, such as a family member, another person who has quit, or your doctor.
* Make cigarettes hard to get
. Don't buy a pack. Don't go places where it is easy to get one from someone else.
* Don't let yourself have another cigarette for at least 2 hours. Then decide if you really need it.
* Review your smoking journal or your list of reasons to quit, then decide to take control again. Remember past situations in which you showed strength, and see yourself as a strong, capable person who has already come far.
Kind Rgrds, Menna
"When U just don't think U can,keep going!Getting through those weak moments iS how U become stronger."
"Make the most of urself, 4 that S all there4 U."
"Donít allow some One 2 be Ur priority, while U r his option."
" Be The Change U Wish To C The World"
| Pounds lost: 30.0