I was on Arimidex for 9 months after my surgery and radiation. Side effects I experienced:
* aches/pains in bones, not just joints
* 'heaviness' in muscles - felt leaden
* blood pressure which was normally 118/78 went up to 138/78
* dry eyes and mouth
* psoriasis (formerly mild and sporadic) erupted all over scalp with large scaly patches
* bruising very easily - after kneeling in front of kitchen cabinets, got up and knees were bruised
* 10 pound weight gain - diet and exercise remained the same
* major hot flashes and night sweats
My doctor took me off Arimidex, had me go one week without pills to clear my system, then put me on Exemestane (another aromatase inhibitor) for a month to see if side effects would abate at all. So far after two weeks, aches and pains aren't nearly so bad, dry eyes and mouth are going away, and muscles are looser. Hot flashes have been eased with extremely low dose of effexor, bruising, psoriasis, and weight gain are still with me. I don't know if this is the drug I'll ultimately stay with, but definitely will not go back to Arimadex
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land amongst the stars.
Nothing changes when nothing changes.
| Pounds lost: 5.5