Now I needed this my darn self!!! LOL. (Found this and tweaked it a bit)
I felt the team could benefit from it....let me know your thoughts!!!
1. One Goal. Whenever Iíve been in a slump, Iíve discovered that itís often because I have too much going on in my life. Iím trying to do too much. And it saps my energy and motivation. Itís probably the most common mistake that people make: they try to take on too much, try to accomplish too many goals at once. You cannot maintain energy and focus (the two most important things in accomplishing a goal) if you are trying to do two or more goals at once. Itís not possible ó Iíve tried it many times. You have to choose one goal, for now, and focus on it completely. I know, thatís hard. Still, I speak from experience. You can always do your other goals when youíve accomplished your One Goal.
2. Find inspiration. Inspiration, for me, comes from others who have achieved what I want to achieve, or who are currently doing it. I read other blogs, books, magazines achieved amazing things.
3. Get excited. This sounds obvious, but most people donít think about it much: if you want to break out of a slump, get yourself excited about a goal. But how can you do that when you donít feel motivated? Well, it starts with inspiration from others, but you have to take that excitement and build on it.
4. Build anticipation. This will sound hard, and many people will skip this tip. But it really works. Many of us will get excited and want to start today. Mark it on the calendar. Get excited about that date. Make it the most important date in your life. In the meantime, start writing out a plan.
5. Post your goal. Print out your goal in big words. Make your goal just a few words long, like a mantra (ďExercise 15 mins. DailyĒ), and post it up on your wall or refrigerator. Post it at home and work. Put it on your computer desktop. You want to have big reminders about your goal, to keep your focus and keep your excitement going. A picture of your goal (like a model with sexy abs, for example) also helps.
6. Commit publicly. None of us likes to look bad in front of others. We will go the extra mile to do something weíve said publicly. Now, you donít have to commit to your goal in your daily newspaper, but you can do it with friends and family and co-workers, and you can do it on your blog if you have one. And hold yourself accountable ó donít just commit once, but commit to giving progress updates to everyone every week or so.
7. Think about it daily. If you think about your goal every day, it is much more likely to become true. To this end, posting the goal on your wall or computer desktop (as mentioned above) helps a lot. Sending yourself daily reminders also helps. And if you can commit to doing one small thing to further your goal (even just 5 minutes) every single day, your goal will almost certainly come true.
8. Get support. Itís hard to accomplish something alone. Find your support network, either in the real world or online, or both.
9. Realize that thereís an ebb and flow. Motivation is not a constant thing that is always there for you. It comes and goes, and comes and goes again, like the tide. But realize that while it may go away, it doesnít do so permanently. It will come back. Just stick it out and wait for that motivation to come back. In the meantime, read about your goal, ask for help, and do some of the other things listed here until your motivation comes back.
10. Stick with it. Whatever you do, donít give up. Even if you arenít feeling any motivation today, or this week, donít give up. Again, that motivation will come back. Think of your goal as a long journey, and your slump is just a little bump in the road. You canít give up with every little bump. Stay with it for the long term, ride out the ebbs and surf on the flows, and youíll get there.
When you have come to the end of all that you know...
And it is time to step into the darkness of the unknown...
Faith is knowing that you will be given something solid to stand on....
Or taught to FLY !!!!!
"What YOU eat in private....is what YOU WEAR IN PUBLIC!!!
YOU can throw in the towel....or use it to wipe the SWEAT OFF YOUR FACE !!!! Just do the Dang Thang!!
BBQ Team Leader
| Pounds lost: 56.0