Just made a cream of tomato soup based on this recipe food.ivillage.com/recipefinder/display/0,,
But I added a few things. Here is the recipe I used...
Dairy-free Soy Tomato Soup
Served hot or chilled, this soup is so creamy, you won't believe it's non-dairy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
just enough oil to sautee onions
1 medium onions,diced
1 cup soymilk
1 10-ounce package firm tofu
1 28 oz can organic diced tomatoes
1/2 T chopped garlic
1 t basil
1 t oregano
couple dashes cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Sauté onion in sauce pan in oil until slightly golden
2. Add tomato and garlic, continuing to sauté for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add basil, pepper, oregano, cayenne pepper and black pepper
4. Blend in soymilk.
5. Cook, stirring constantly, for one minute.
6. Remove from heat and cool briefly.
7. Add in tofu.
8. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth (working in batches)
9. Pour it back into the pot and reheat
Success comes from consistent excellence and in helping others to achieve their dreams too
| current weight: 126.2