|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
I have a couple more of Atkins' books I can review.
I've posted reviews on all the others except for the A&S/Performance one.
Check our (long) list! =D
I wish I could get through the half-dozen or more others I'm in the midst of, also! I can't seem to finish one before I go back to another! it's a dilemma! LOL
I'll get there, though.
...the problem with people these days is
they've forgotten we're really just animals ...
We did not create the web of life; we are but a strand in it.
We don't have souls. We ARE souls. We have bodies.
I was really tempted to write a review but don't quite have the time right now. So instead I decided to start a list of all the books I would love to see reviewed and thought that others might want to add to it. The number of books and articles is growing so quickly that not everyone can read everything. Having slightly more extensive summary-type reviews would be great.
Here are some of my favorites
1. All books by Dr. Robert Atkins, in particular the original edition
While not the most up-to-date now Dr. Atkins deserves credit for much of the success of the low-carb movement
2. Gary Taubes' books "Why we get fat" and the original, much longer version "Good calories, Bad Calories", also many articles written by him
3. Stephen Phinney and Jeff Volek "The Art and Science of Low-Carbohydrate Living" and to companion volume "The Art and Science of Low-Carbohydrate Performance".
4. Mark Sisson's "The primal Blueprint" is a book that advocates much reduced carb-levels ranging from 150 down to as low as people need to be to be successful.
5. William Davis, "Wheat Belly" is not technically low-carb, emphasizing the dangers of modern wheat, but is practically very similar by encouraging people to skip all or most grains and replacing them with nut flours and flax see meal.
Please add to the list and anyone who does not know where to start reading can pick one and then review it.
You can talk to God all you want and that's great, but the changes happen when you start listening to him.
BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN OTHERS.
|Gluten free cook book to download||4/16/2014 7:09:22 PM|
|"FED-UP" The Movie||5/1/2014 1:56:15 AM|
|LC vs. LF, weight loss, perceived hunger, women||12/22/2013 11:56:53 PM|
|LC vs. LF, weight loss, calories, abdom fat||12/22/2013 11:54:00 PM|
|LC vs. LF, no difference, compliance poor||12/23/2013 12:19:29 AM|