a friend gave me a simple healthy recipe to try yesterday. I had it for dessert last night and really enjoyed it:
BAKED APPLES - LOW CAL, NO FAT,
1 med. Gala apple (peeled optional) cored and cut into wedges,
1 tsp cinnamon (or to taste), 1 packet of Steevia (or to taste)
1. Peel, core and cut apple into wedges and place in a glass
custard cup (or any small container that is microwave safe).
2. Sprinkle cinnamon over apple to taste.
3. Sprinkle one packet of Steevia (plant-based sugar substitute)
4. Place custard cup in microwave and bake on high for 2-3
minutes until apple pieces are soft and juicy.
5. Allow to cool somewhat and serve warm.
A small apple would be better for Diabetics like me but this is pretty much as low as it gets!
87 cals, 0 gr fat, .5 mg sodium, 24 carbs, 4 gr fibre, and 0 gr protein
For an additional
60 cals, .2 gr fat, 40 mg sodium, 0 fibre, and .5 gr protein,
a tbsp of Smucker's Butterscotch Topping would be great!
Lin from Peterborough, ON., Canada
10 STEPS TO SELF-CARE
- If it feels wrong, don't do it; Say "exactly" what you mean; Don't be a people pleaser; Trust your instincts; Never speak bad about yourself; Never give up on your dreams; Don't be afraid to say "No"; Don't be afraid to say "Yes"; Be kind to yourself; Let go of what you can't control; Stay away from drama and negativity as much as possible. (unknown)
Lost 18 lbs. in 2012 plus figure on ticker below in 2013:
| Pounds lost: 24.4