There's just one week left of the "30 days of challenges" !
Read the article "Are You At Risk For Heart Disease?" www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellness_arti
Give yourself 1 point for each risk factor:
1. Age over 45 (men) or 55 (women).
2. Male gender.
3. Family history in a close relative of heart disease.
4. If you are African American, American Indian, Mexican American or native Hawaiian.
5. If you have an "apple" body type.
6. If you smoke, or are exposed to secondhand smoke.
7. A diet high in saturated fat, trans fat, sodium, added sugars and cholesterol.
8. Physical inactivity.
10. Chronic stress.
11. Drinking more alcohol than an average of 1 drink per day for women, or 2 per day for men.
12. Uncontrolled high blood pressure.
13. Uncontrolled high cholesterol.
14. Type 2 diabetes.
How did you do? Where can you make improvements?
Sandy (Michigan Upper Peninsula) -- Say "Ya!" to da U.P, eh?