I believe we can each reach our 2008 goals if we break them down to acheivable and accountable time frames.
Now that you know what you want to do in 2008, how can you break it down and make it work the first quarter?
What's your strategy or plan?
As far as reaching my number one goal of eating out less often, I'm already on my way. The problem of late is that I'm burning out from all this cooking and cleaning!
I think I need to step up and get organized in the kitchen. My quarterly goal here is:
- plan weekly meals- freeze back more, and cook more on Sunday. The day to day 'cooler' plan is making me tired of the kitchen. So, that's my goal- more cooking in less days, and I'm starting tomorow. Consistency is key. If I'm consistent for 3 months I reward myself and replace this goal.
As to number two (drinking less vino with meals)the annual goal is to cut it out by 50% per week from dinner. If I am consistent for 3 months I can stay the course for another 3- THEN and only THEN do I change this goal. Yes, indeedy I come from a European background where it's almost a sin NOT to have wine with dinner. Tough one for me!
- replace that magic 5 oclock hour with tea or home made vegetable/fruit juices
- Free my mind of the desire by awareness of emotions and keeping the vision(skinny!) alive in my mind. Alcohol burns differently than carbs, proteins and fats... (read the spark article) Add to that that I'm nearly 40 and it is messin' with my hormones :) Keep consequences in my mind. It's an obstacle to my fitness goal. Plain and simple.
Okay, on to number 3. For 2008 I will master finances- even get into stock trading by end of the year.
Here's how for quarter one:
- dig up the spreadsheet and moniter spending on a weekly basis
- stay on top of bill paying - no tardies, no exceptions.
- maintain a clean and organized home office.
- stay on top of deductions and medical reimbursments
I need the deductions and I want to ultimately work less and play more. By the six month mark I should be ready to move on.
Time to buckle down on 2008 goals. What's your plan for success in quarter one???
Note, these are changeable goals and strategies. You are a work in progress. Just remember to stay the course! Consistency is key!
Edited by: SKINNYPUP at: 12/29/2007 (16:27)
I'm only as strong as the coffee I drink and the hair spray I use...